Live by the Sword: Tactics is a new tactics game from Labrador Studios. Live by the Sword brings old-school tactics with modern game ideas. You play as two brothers traveling the kingdom to keep it from falling back into war. Live by the Sword: Tactics gives you beautiful pixel art, simple and deep strategies for each mission, an intriguing story, and fun combat set in tight maps.
The battles for Live by the Sword: Tactics are played out in 5 v 5 battles. These small skirmishes keep battles manageable and maintain a steady pace. You will be able to build your team with 7 classes: The Alchemist, Archer, Assassin, Brawler, Medic, Warrior, and Wizard. Every class has a unique ability in addition to 6 other skills. You’ll be able to choose up to 4 in the planning stage of the battles, so choose wisely.
What I find interesting about this game is how there is no experience or level tied to gear. Each battle comes down to your ability to strategize. Did you choose the right classes for battle? Is your skill loadout right? Are you placing your units in the best place? This method makes you rely on combat planning and unit placement much more heavily. Gone are the days of grinding your way to victory.
Live by the Sword: Tactics has many features right from the get-go to keep you playing for many hours.
- 7 Classes available to play
- No grinding or equipment system
- Story campaign length of around 7 hours
- Tactician Mode offers fights in the form of Puzzles that need to be completed in the shortest number of moves
- Adventure Mode is our roguelike that introduces new gameplay mechanics and turns up the difficulty. It is also our main pipeline for delivering new content
- 3 Secret classes can be unlocked for use in Adventure Mode
- Available in English, Spanish, French, German, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese (BR-PT coming soon)
- Available on PC, Switch, and Xbox
- Post-release content will include 9 new classes, a continuation of the story, a board builder, and ranked online gameplay
You can grab Live by the Sword: Tactics on PC, Switch, and Xbox.
Check out Labrador Studios’ planned roadmap below for all post-launch features: